Eugenia Suarez Siempre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eugenia Suarez Siempre

Everything you have to know about Eugenia Suarez and more...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Installed new leaked 2.3 and... unrooted!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roads007

Installed new leaked 2.3 and... unrooted! Empty
PostSubject: Installed new leaked 2.3 and... unrooted!    Installed new leaked 2.3 and... unrooted! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:27 pm

First I would like to say hello to everyone as I am a new poster, not a new reader. Secondly, I admit in advance that I'm an idiot. So...

I installed the new leaked 2.3 gingerbread on my X with no problems and loved it. My wife liked it and wanted me to put it on her Droid 2. So I proceeded to root her phone and install the d2 zip with bootstrap like I did on my phone with no problems.

Now she insisted that I unroot the phone when I was done, so I did, thinking I was finished. Then I found out swype was inoperable due to whatever reasons. Swype is a must for her. Now replacing the production swype with the beta swype is easy... on a rooted device. I unrooted a brand new OS and now have no way to root it back to fix this issue UNLESS...

...there is a way to get into clockwork recovery without being rooted. I did have the presence of mind to do a back up while I was in there initially. That is the only thing I can think of. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise this phone is in limbo and I'm in the dog house

Po Box
Back to top Go down

Installed new leaked 2.3 and... unrooted!
Page 1 of 1